A super delicious crumble, which is a great way of using plums when in season. Serve this crunchy fruit crumble with a dollop of coconut yoghurt. It would also work with rhubarb and strawberry instead of plums.
- 2 cups Something to Crow About Spiced Almond Coconut & Orange Muesli
- 700g Black Doris plums
- 70g coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat oven up to 190C.
- Wash, halve and remove the pit from the plums, then cut into quarters.
- In a frying pan heat together plums, coconut sugar, butter, and spices, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Halve the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds, then add both pod and seeds to the crumble filling. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes until mixture is reduced and slightly syrupy, you will see small bubbles at this point. Remove vanilla pod, cinnamon stick, and cardamom pods. Transfer the plums to the ceramic baking dish.
- Put Grain Free - Almond Orange Coconut muesli into a food processor, and using the pulse button, whizz until small crumbs. Take care not to over process at this stage. In the mixing bowl rub the maple syrup into the muesli crumbs using your hands. Then spoon the mixture lightly over the plums and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 10 mins until the top is golden. Serve with coconut yoghurt.
Images and recipe by Crazy Cucumber Blog (Leno Regush)